Amazing objects, remarkable stories
Discover Cornwall’s unique culture from the ancient past to the present day. Explore magnificent minerals, archaeology and natural history along with our impressive collection of Newlyn School paintings and decorative art. Travel the world in a few steps with collections from Ancient Egypt, Greece, Rome, South America and Japan.
Reasons to Visit
- Family trails & activities, talks and lectures throughout the year alongside a full programme of exciting exhibitions
- Cornish gold and ancient treasures
- Internationally famous mineral collection. Over 1,200 beautiful specimens on display including tin ore, native copper and the largest crystal of Liroconite ever found.
- Ast Tayef Nakht – the Egyptian Mummy
- Richard Lander’s Medicine Chest