The mine beneath the sea
In its dramatic clifftop setting Levant was, for 110 years, ‘the queen of Cornwall’s submarine mines’. Today, the surviving buildings and ruins offer a window on another world where men and women toiled to extract the riches of the earth from beneath the crashing waves.
Reasons to Visit
- Watch the 1840 beam engine worked by steam
- Follow in the miners' footsteps through the tunnel to the man-engine shaft
- Listen to the tales of Edwardian miners
- Explore a patchwork of enigmatic ruins
- Join an expert guide to discover the site's secrets